About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, a mom, a singer/songwriter, an author, a public speaker, an abolitionist, an encourager & freedom coach, a seminary student, a worship leader, a lover of life and joy, and most importantly, a follower of Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Morning Meditation: The Heavens Proclaim

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.
They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.
Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world." Psalm 19:1-4 (NLT)

I don't know why these verses are so comforting to me these days.

Life can be so - well - just plain hard. It's often tiring and confusing. This season of our lives has been especially challenging and difficult to make sense of. Thus, it's strangely comforting to know that I can look up and see God's glory. When my eyes are stuck looking down, trying to make sense of life, God challenges me to look up. To look around and see, at all times, God's handiwork.



Without a voice, the heavens proclaim God's glory. The skies display His handiwork. Without words or even sound, God's hand is always evident, even when I don't understand why things are happening a certain way.

My challenge for you this week is short. Ask God to lift up your eyes. What can you thank Him for, even if it's simply the handiwork evident in the skies? Where is He working? How is His glory being shown?

Note to readers: I am currently reading the Life Recovery Bible. This Bible's NLT seems to have slight differences there when compared to the NLT at Biblegateway.com.

1 comment:

  1. Well one thing I thank Him for is my friend Brenna Kater the Ocean Skater!

    ReplyDelete