About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, a mom, a singer/songwriter, an author, a public speaker, an abolitionist, an encourager & freedom coach, a seminary student, a worship leader, a lover of life and joy, and most importantly, a follower of Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday Morning Meditation: Is God Writing Your Story?

Steve Saint is the son of Nate Saint, a man who was killed in Ecuador alongside Jim Elliot and 3 other missionaries by the Huaorani Indians in 1956. I learned of Steve and his father Nate through the film, End of the Spear.


In many ways, Steve has continued the work of his father through his organization I-TEC. The organization's focus is "opening doors to the gospel by meeting needs with innovative tools." In the testing of one of these tools in June of 2012, Steve was seriously injured by a falling piece of equipment. He was partially paralyzed from the neck down. He has made some progress since then, though he is still quite limited in many ways. I-TEC recently posted this challenging video with a one year update. Grab a tissue - it's worth watching all 7 minutes.



Here are a few excerpts of what impacted me.

"None of us knows what our life is gonna be like. I wouldn't mind dying, but I'm gonna stay here longer. I want it to count. And I want my grandchildren to see that life isn't good when everything is fitting together right. Life is good because we know that we have a hope when this life is done."

"My theme has been 'Let God write your story.' He doesn't promise all easy chapters, but He does promise that if we let Him write our story, that in the last chapter if not before, He will make sense of all the other chapters and then He will take us to live with Him in paradise."

"I want God to still write my story."

Are you allowing God to write your story? As a song line I love states so clearly*, are you opening your eyes to let Him rewrite even tragedy?

As your week progresses, as you find yourself confused or frustrated about how God is allowing things to play out, shift your perspective. Surrender to God, the all-knowing author and perfecter of your faith. Believe He has what is best for you.

Let God write your story.

*Sara Groves "Rewrite this Tragedy"

No comments:

Post a Comment